Wednesday, December 17, 2008

While I Work

Because I can't show you what I'm working on now I will again return to the past. I did a cool show a few years back based around a fictional carnival: "The BlueGlass Circus/Carnival". A few of the pieces were partially 3d. I don't do them anymore and don't show them much because people want me to keep doing them. They were fun at the time but terribly time consuming and my soul is really 2d. One thing I have noticed and am happy about is that I really have gotten better. It's nice to keep getting better. I guess I'm not lying when I tell my students that if they work hard every day they will get better.

Motorized Pogo


Burd Birper


Sword Swallower


Master


Apprentice

2 comments:

Ashley Armbruster said...

i remember these. i LOVE your circus stuff. i guess you and geek love started my freak/circusy obsession. thank you.

Peachtreeart said...

Hey, I was thinking you should get into ATC cards. Have you heard about them? Google it and you'll see what it is if you don't know. They are very small in size sort of the size of your altoid boxes and it offers the buyer a chance to own a small rendition of original work. I think in this economy, it might sell pretty well at your shows. From what I hear they sometimes sell for $500 on Ebay.